Senatorial Scholarships are just one of Maryland’s financial aid programs for college students.
To be considered for:
- Fall 2019 Semester, apply no later than April 19, 2019, at 4:00pm.
Get general information on Senatorial Scholarships by visiting the Maryland Higher Education Commission. In order to be eligible for the Senatorial Scholarship, you will need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) through the U.S. Department of Education (due on March 1). If a student is a not yet an American citizen, they should check the Maryland State Financial Aid Application for more information on accessing financial aid.
The Cheryl C. Kagan Senatorial Scholarship is need-based. In addition, the Scholarship Committee gives preference to candidates who:
- Have a verifiable history of voting (any party, any candidate), if eligible;
- Volunteer or serve the community;
- Describe their goals and how a post-secondary education will help them achieve those goals in a well-written essay;
- Attend institutions of higher education in District 17 (priority is given to Montgomery College — or coursework through the University of Maryland system at the Universities at Shady Grove (see course offerings below).
- Bowie State: M.Ed and Ed.D. programs in Education.
- Salisbury University: Bachelor of Science programs in Respiratory Therapy and Exercise Science.
- Towson University: Bachelor of Science programs in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education and Special Education. M.Ed in Early Childhood Education, M.A.T. and M.Ed. programs in Special Education.
- University of Baltimore: Bachelor of Science programs in Health Systems Management or Simulation and Digital Entertainment. Masters and Doctorate programs in Health Systems Management, Public Administration and Publications Design.
- University of Maryland Baltimore: Bachelor of Science program in Nursing. Graduate programs include Pharmacy and Social Work.
- UMBC: Bachelor of Arts programs in History, Political Science, Psychology and Social Work. Master of Professional Studies degrees in Biotechnology, Cybersecurity, Geographic Information Systems and Industrial-Organization Psychology.
- University of Maryland College Park: Bachelor of Science and Arts programs, including Biological Sciences, Communication, Criminology, Accounting, International Business, Marketing, Public Health Science. Graduate programs include Business and Management, Education Policy and Leadership, Human Development, Education, Engineering, Information Management, Library Science, Literacy Coaching, Engineering, Global Health and more.
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore: Bachelor of Science programs in Hospitality and Tourism Management, Construction Management Technology.
- University of Maryland University College: Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management, Construction Management Technology.